Sunday 10 August 2008

Clash's Shea Stadium gig captured on disc

1982 performance features many favorites




NEW YORK -- Long bootlegged and sought later by collectors, the Clash's Oct. 13, 1982, performance at New York's Shea Stadium testament finally see official release Oct. 7 via Legacy.

The gig base the Clash opening for the Who on the latter band's "farewell" tour, and features a wealth of favorites, from "London Calling" and "Police on My Back" to "The Magnificent Seven" and "Clampdown."

The band, which was touring in support of its album "Combat Rock," besides offered up the singles from that effort, "Should I Stay or Should I Go" and "Rock the Casbah." According to Legacy, late guitarist Joe Strummer constitute the Shea tapes piece preparing to move into a new house.

In other Clash news, a new biography culled from extensive band interviews, "The Clash by the Clash," will be released Nov. 4 via Grand Central Books.

Here is the track list for "Live at Shea Stadium":

Kosmo Vinyl Introduction
"London Calling"
"Police on My Back"
"Guns of Brixton"
"Tommy Gun"
"The Magnificent Seven"
"Armagideon Time"
"The Magnificent Seven" (return)
"Rock the Casbah"
"Train in Vain"
"Career Opportunities"
"Spanish Bombs"
"Clampdown"
"English Civil War"
"Should I Stay or Should I Go"
"I Fought the Law"